Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Wednesday Wonders: JESSE'S NIGHTMARE


Today's Wednesday Wonders features P. A. Estelle and her western historical novel, Jesse's Nightmare.

About the novel:


Ginny and Jesse are expecting their first baby. It's almost April and even the snow that continues to fall doesn't dampen their moods - until something starts ripping apart the livestock.

But when Jesse comes home during a blizzard and finds his wife and daughter missing, his happiness turns to a fear that he hasn't felt in a long time!

Excerpt from Jesse's Nightmare:

She was making supper when Jesse came in. “You’re home early.” She didn’t look his way.


“Yea.” He put his hat on a peg and hung his jacket, watching her the entire time. Ginny was always there with a smile and a kiss when he came home. “Everything okay?” She didn’t answer, just nodded. “Ginny?”


When she looked up, her brown eyes were dark pools of unshed tears. She ran into his arms, sobbing.


“What in tarnation is wrong?” He held her as she cried. Finally he set her away from him so he could look into her face. “Is Sarah okay?” 


“Yes. This is silly.” She wiped her eyes and sat down at the table. For the first time Jesse saw the gun laying there. She met his eyes. 

“What happened?”

 
About P. A. Estelle:
 
My name is Penny Estelle and I was an elementary school secretary for 21 years. I heard every excuse and story in the book when kids would be sent to the principal. I promised myself when I retired I would write stories about kids and that is just what I did.

I am retired with my wonderful husband and we live on a fifty-four acre ranch in Arizona on solar and wind. I am the "greenest" person and I know, even if I don't want to be!

I am so excited to have stories out for kids and adults. Hike up Devil's Mountain, A Float Down the Canal, and five stories in The Wickware Sagas - Billy Cooper's Awesome Nighmare, Ride of a Lifetime, Flash to the Past, Bumped Back in Time, and soon to be released, Riches to Rags! All for the tween in your life.

I have a newsletter that goes out for new releases or sales.  If you would like to be notified please sign up @ http://eepurl.com/388Xr


AUTHOR LINKS:

WEBSITE  *  BLOG  *  FACEBOOK  *   TWITTER  *  PINTEREST  *  GOODREADS


PURCHASE LINK:  AMAZON 

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Robyn. Thank you so much for having me today.

    ReplyDelete